Yandex.Market is currently one of the most popular marketplaces in Russia. It allows customers to compare prices and product features, check the feedback about the store and then make a purchase. Yandex.Market collaborates both with offline and online retailers, with small and large ecommerce websites. You should pay particular attention to this marketplace, if you want to expand your sales in Russia.
From this post you will learn:
- How does Yandex.Market works?
- Which stores can join Yandex.Market?
- How to add your an online store to Yandex.Market?
- Store rating and customer reviews
- How to increase your results on Market?
Yandex.Market in numbers:
- 20 thousand online stores
- 123 millions of products
- 2500 categories
- 20 millions of Russian users monthly (source)
Categories that are most popular among users: electronics, mobile phones, cameras and computers. A bit less popular are home appliances, clothing and cosmetics. Depending on the time of year there is a high demand for sport goods and automobile tires.
After registering on this platform you can place your products here (details below) with a detailed description and characteristics. Then each product is automatically categorized depending on its features.
Users who have chosen your product, go directly on your website where they can purchase it. In case of offline stores that do not have delivery, but give the opportunity a personal pick up, users can open a map that contains information about your store.
If your store participates in “Yandex.Market Quick Order” program, your customers have the opportunity to order and pay directly on the Market, without going to your website.
Both online stores, and offline stores without shipping, but with pick up points can work with Yandex.Market.
Online stores must meet the following requirements:
- Stable performance of your store’s website
- Legal and contact information should be available on the website
- Updated information on your website that reflects actual data on availability and price of products
- You should describe payment methods and shipping costs
- Separate page for each product on your store’s website, and the ability to make an order either from the shopping cart or by telephone
To place your products on Yandex.Market you should make a few steps.
Step 1. Register your store
- To register on Yandex.Market you should have Yandex.Mail account (the same as Gmail account for all Google services). Go to https://passport.yandex.ru/registration and create your account.
- Now you can register on Yandex.Market, so go back to registration process at https://partner.market.yandex.ru/ (click English flag at the bottom to translate this page into English). Input your login, general information and your contact details.
- Specify the country in which the store is located. If this is not Russia, Belarus or Kazakhstan, the option “shipping from the warehouses abroad” is automatically checked, since the default assumption is that you will deliver your products to Russia from another country. If your shop is legally registered in another country, but you will deliver from warehouses in Russia (Belarus, Kazakhstan), then uncheck it.
- When you finish, click Register.
Step 2. Set general settings
After registration you will be redirected to the General settings page. Here you should set up your general information, shipping, and points of sales.
- In general information your should input your domain name, product listing (see Step 3), choose in which hours you would like to show your offerings on Market, input your legal information, phone number for product orders, and choose in which hours you would like to show this number.
- In shipping sections enter the city where your store is located, specify terms of delivery to your region. Specify the other regions which you are ready to deliver to — your products will be displayed to Market users in these regions. And then configure working hours of your delivery service.
- If your store has pickup points, your can add addresses here. Pickup points will be shown on the Market map.
Step 3. Create product listing
Product listing (or feed) is a file which contains names, descriptions, specifications and prices of all products in your online store. This file must be in one of the permitted formats (YML, CSV or XLS) and in accordance with the requirements described here (eng). You can download the example of YML file here.
There a few ways to prepare your product listing:
- Use a plugin for your CMS. For example, Opencart, Magento or PrestaShop.
- Create a script for you website, so it will automatically update your product listings. You can find all the details here.
- Create a simple XLS file. This way is convenient if you have a small amount of products. The main disadvantage of this method — you will need to update your current listing and upload it to Market at least once in 30 days.
Step 4. Configure the placement settings
For online stores, there are two ways of payment for placement on Yandex.Market:
- CPC (cost per click). You will be charged for a customer’s click on your offer. You can always change CPC — the higher CPC, the better position of your product you get comparing to competitors, so your product is more visible and appearing more frequently in response to user search queries.
- CPA (cost per action). You will be charged a fee for orders made by customers on Yandex.Market. You only pay a fee for payment processing: 2% of the total order cost (the product cost + delivery cost, but not less than 1 kopeck).
Step 5. Moderation
On the Connection and settings → General settings:
- Enable the option Go to the website and/or Order on Market.
- Specify all the settings that you need.
- Click Send to moderation.
Step 6. Top up your balance
Create an invoice and make the payment:
- On the Summary page, in Payment section, click Online or bank transfer.
- Enter the payment amount and click Finish. Minimum amount is 300 rubles.
- Check that you specified the correct payer details and payment method. To change them, click the link at the bottom of the screen. Companies outside Russia can pay with bank transfer in USD, EUR or CFH, and with VISA/Mastercard. Be ready to provide your company’s documents for verification.
- Click Issue an invoice and make payment by your chosen method.
Your customers can leave detailed feedback about purchased products. In a comment customer can also describe the process of delivery, quality of service and other important details. You, as the store owner, can comment on all the reviews. Yandex quality control service determines rating of the store (1 to 5 stars), based on customers feedback and their own tests. This helps customers to avoid purchasing from unreliable seller.
Often a customer can choose a store with rating of 4-5 stars, despite the fact that the store with weaker rating offers a lower price:
Yandex.Market’s requirements are quite strict. There are many freelancers who may offer writing fake reviews for 100-600 rubles. However, it is worth remembering that Yandex moderator can always ask such “customers” for a scan of their original receipt. And if it turns out that the reviews was fake, it can lead to a complete shutdown of your store on Yandex.Market. So it is better to improve your service and receive such comments from satisfied customers in a fair manner.
Yandex quality control service regularly investigates the stores’ quality of service. This is one of the main reasons why users trust Yandex.Market.
To get more efficiency, you can try Yandex’ service PriceLabs which helps to automate bidding, monitor your competitors’ prices and analyze your campaign results. Unfortunately, PriceLabs now has only Russian interface:
I also recommend to track the results of your advertising via Yandex.Metrica. This helps to assess the efficiency of placing goods on the Market, track your users behavior, calculate the average cost of customer acquisition and other valuable metrics. Based on these data you can make decisions about the amount of budget devoted to product placement on Yandex.Market.
In Russia Yandex.Market has gained trust of many consumers and sellers. However, some accuse it of double standards: meticulous checks and penalty points for small shops, as well as privilege with respect to large retail chains and old online stores.
One thing is certain: quality products, competent management of product feed and great service will help you to promote your store on any platform, also on Yandex.Market. I hope that Yandex.Market will become your another source of profit in Russia.Have any questions regarding Yandex.Market integration? Please, leave a comment or write me an email.
Images source: https://yandex.ru/support/